- Concrete caissons fabricated inshore at the base port.
- Steel structure can be done by specialized companies and transported to base port.
- Assembly of the GBS under controlled conditions.
- Can be done in a large number of ports. Minimum technical restrictions.
- No land storage for the assembled structures.
- Land storage required for steel tripods and WTG only. Minimization of occupied areas.
- Towed using tugs. No need of long term contracts with expensive heavy lift vessels.
- It can be done during the whole year. Only requires a valid weather window of limited duration.
- Sinking process using controlled water ballasting in the inner cells of the concrete caissons.
- Inverting the process allows re-floating the GBS to correct any deviation from position or verticality during sinking.
- No need of sand ballasting. GBS can resist winter storms after installation without risks.