A new GBS solution concept has been developed aiming to reach the following objectives:
- Efficient construction rates of concrete structures by means of slip-forming methods.
- GBS geometry must be easily scaled to fit within depth range in the wind farm.
- It should be a self-buoyant solution to avoid the use of heavy lift vessels.
- Reducing weight over water line, lowering gravity centre and increasing naval stability.
- The solution should be ballasted using only water, allowing:
- Cost reduction.
- Installation during the whole year
- Decommissioning or re-floating if necessary.
- Minimization of the use of port area for construction and storage.
- Transport of the wind turbine assembled on the GBS.
- No noise or pile driving. Environmentally friendly.
- Low loads transmitted to the terrain. Adapted to large range of soil conditions.